Saturday, September 30, 2006

'Dead Words Walking' audition

I was thinking of Thomas’ presentation at SHiFT. He called it 'Dead Words Walking' and I want to add a word.

Good-bye

In today’s connected society and especially for me it has no real meaning. 'Good-bye' in my world means ‘Hello’.

I leave places and friends and people that I have just met but I am just on my way to meeting others. Let’s dump the word and not replace it with another useless variation.

I am going to give it up and just smile and say 'Thank you' when it’s time to move on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

david, was looking for you. don't have your email. patrick (from basel)

12:21 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's a brilliant idea to add to the dead words walking vocabulary *s*

1:52 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can only think of killing goodbye if, and only if, you've said goodbye to a lot of things before. Usually disrespect, dull jobs, marketing influence, put-down culture and others. "Goodbye" is a word people need to free themselves. For the good things, like good friends or new acquaintances, "goodbye" always translate to a "see you later". But that isn't true for all cases.

2:19 PM, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home